About the South East LHIN
The South East Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 networks established by the province to plan, manage, and fund the health care system at the local and regional level. Promoting integration and networking among our health care resources is already showing results. The South East region extends from Brighton on the west to Prescott and Cardinal on the east, north to Perth and Smith Falls, and back to Bancroft. This map is for funding and planning purposes only: residents of the LHIN can seek health care services wherever they prefer, inside or outside these boundaries.
Achieving better health through proactive, integrated and responsive health care in partnership with an informed community.
What does that mean?
Better health: improvement in individual/population health
Proactive: promotion, prevention, treatment
Integrated: seamless, value for money
Responsive: timely access to care
Partnership: working together
Informed community: knowing how to access the system and knowing how to maintain good health
The South East LHIN is home to close to 500,000 people. It has a sizeable rural population with 44% of its residents living in communities of fewer than 10,000 people. One-quarter of the South East population resides in Kingston.
Corporate Providers and Services
The range of health care corporate providers and services located within the South East LHIN included, but was not limited to:
- Hospitals - 7 Hospital Corporations operating 12 sites
- Cancer Centre - 1 Organization
- Long-Term Car Homes - 36 Homes operating 4,106 beds
- Community Care Access Centres (CCAC) - South East CCAC
- Community Health Centres (CHCs) - 5 organizations operating 8 locations (5 main sites and 3 satellites)
- Children's Treatment Centres (CTCs) - 2 Organizations
- Community Mental Health & Substance Abuse - 8 Addictions Programs and 19 Mental Health Programs
- Community Support Services - 42 Community Support Services Agences (CSS), 3 Agencies providing Acquired Brand Injury (ABI) services, 3 Agencies providing Assisted Living Supportive Housing (ALSSH)
For more information about this region, please review our Fact Sheets.